Welcome to the ‘Walkers are Welcome’ group that covers the Golcar and Slaithwaite area.
We’re part of the ‘Walkers are Welcome’ national network and we’re here to promote walking in our part of the Colne Valley.
We are active in the following areas:
- Working on footpaths, by carrying out monthly footpath clearance and waymarking sessions
- Erecting mapboards at prominent locations, showing all local footpaths
- Producing walk leaflets for a range of local walks
- Liaising with Kirklees Council about footpath blockages and footpath improvements
- Linking in with other organisations and working in partnership, to promote walking locally
We have a Steering Group which meets to plan activity.
If you are interested in getting involved in any of these activities please email us on